Other Specialized Services
Psychological testing is a process to supplement diagnostic interviewing. It is an intensive, short-term process that can;
- Clarify diagnosis or validate diagnostic impressions
- Inform treatment planning
- Identify additional issues that warrant referral or professional intervention
- Help answer specific questions that arise in other systems such as competency, guardianship of elderly or disabled persons.
Psychological testing may also supplement information obtained for other types of evaluations such as custody and visitation issues, parent-child reunification and need for supervision.
Because of the nature of this service, it is available in limited quantity. Our priority for providing this service is as follows:
- Assessments ordered by a Court or Child Protective Services
- Internal referrals from other Solutions providers for diagnostic clarification and to help Solutions clients qualify for particular programs and services
We do not currently have sufficient capacity to perform disability evaluations for Social Security or to perform educational testing for school IEPs.