Technology Free Trends
Have you heard about the pledge that numerous families are taking to spend one evening a week completely free of all things technology?
Recently, there has been a lot of buzz centered around the movement “Tech Free Tuesday’s”. It seems there are a billions ways that technology can distract both adults and children every second of everyday… Let’s see, there is Facebook, Twitter, Instragram, video games, Netflix, cable, movies, etc.. etc.. etc… The list literally goes on and on!
Watson’s Furniture Store wants to help by sponsoring Tech-Free Tuesday, where you pledge to go tech-free – even for just a few hours in the evening – by signing up here. When you pledge, you’ll also be entered to win one of four $1,000 gift cards to Watson's! I have heard numerous radio stations in Cincinnati marketing this movement to "Take the Tech Free Pledge."
Could you and your family spend one whole evening completely free of all things technology?
Tech Free Evening Tips and Sample Activities
- Pick a night that is most convenient for your family. It can be ANY NIGHT throughout the week.
- Spring is in the air!! Why not spend your tech free night with your family by taking a hike, going to the park, or creating a scavenger hunt!!
- Have dinner OUTSIDE! Plan a picnic for a marvelous Tech Free dinner!
- Host a family game night.
- Volunteer! Playing with animals at the local shelter, visiting with residents in the nursing home, cooking and serving a meal at a soup kitchen – there are countless ways you can make a difference together as a family by volunteering your precious time and hard work. Did you know that you do not even even have to leave home to volunteer? You could spend the evening writing letters and assembling care packages for the troops with Operation Gratitude or clean out the kitchen cabinets and assemble donations for the local food pantry!
- Spend an evening reminiscing and documenting your family memories together during a scrapbooking session!
- Read Together! There are a ton of great books that both kids and adults will enjoy reading out loud to each other. A couple ideas for book series that your family may enjoy reading out loud together: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Harry Potter series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, Nancy Drew mysteries, If You Give a Mouse a Cookies series, etc!
- As the saying goes, “April showers bring May flowers,” so here’s a bonus idea for those rainy Tech Free Nights! Check out this page at Parents.com where you can search for indoor activities by theme, ages of your kids and materials you already have on-hand!
There are plenty more GREAT ideas for ways you and your family could spend their Tech Free Evening on Watson's Furniture Website: http://techfreetuesday.com/.
Best of luck with this "Tech Free" challenge!
Please check back soon for our review of a new exciting topic.